The crown jewel of St. John’s fabled North Shore, nestled within the boundaries of the Virgin Islands National Park, in the exclusive beach enclave of Lower Peter Bay. The Presidio is perched on a small peninsula with Cinnamon Bay to the east, and world-renowned Trunk Bay to the west. A pristine coral reef rings the base of the property, providing excellent diving and snorkeling. The sugar white sand beach of Peter Bay is one minute away via a private, stone-paved beach path, accessed directly from the Presidio. It’s a short, easy wade over to the unspoiled beach of neighboring Little Cinnamon Bay, and then a quick walk from there to the wide open beaches of Cinnamon Bay. Or take an exciting snorkel from the Presidio directly to Trunk Bay over pristine Windswept Reef. Enjoy 4 superb National Park beaches.
Surrounded on 3 sides by crystal clear Caribbean waters, cooled by gentle trade winds, the Presidio’s dramatic location offers incomparable views, and incomparable serenity. Drawing on the architectural traditions of the island’s historic Danish sugar mills, the Presidio is constructed entirely of native stone and brick, with rich mahogany and bronze accents. The property is beautifully landscaped and has its own private electronic gate. A wide, scenic perimeter path around the entire compound makes for an ideal morning or evening walk without leaving the premises. You and your guests may gather and socialize in the Presidio’s numerous common areas, and then slip away to their detached guest suites for privacy.
The estate is situated on its own private peninsula comprising approximately 1.63 acres* of waterfront land within Estate Peter Bay on St. John’s North Shore with commanding panoramic views of turquoise Caribbean waters and surrounding cays.
- 645 feet* of pristine shoreline surrounded by protected reef with walking path to the white sand beach at Peter Bay.
- Gated, private enclave within the Virgin Islands National Park.
- Protective Covenants & Restrictions, Architectural Guidelines, paved roads and underground utilities.
- Completed in 2008 of masonry, native stone and brick with multihued natural slate tile roof.
- Approximately 9,746 & 2,261 enclosed square footage* and 2,972 covered and 3,798 square footage* of uncovered decks and patios.
- Six bedrooms, each with en-suite bathrooms, each with walk-in closets, coffee makers and mini fridges.
- Custom iron gates and paved driveway entrance.
- Separate motor court, two 2-car garages with roll-up doors ad trellised parking area.
- Tiled, heated pool with swim-in grottos and poolside hot tub.
- Poolside granite top bar.
- Outdoor shower and poolside powder room.
- 98,000 & 46,000 gallons* of fresh water cisterns.
- Professionally and extensively landscaped.
- Stone stairs lead to parapet sun deck with sweeping water views.
- Outdoor stone and brick fireplace.
- 9 feet regulation size pool table on North verandah.
- Executive office with built-in conference desk.
- Club room can be used as a library, media or music room.
- Formal dining room, breakfast nook dining, verandah dining, grill court dining and bar dining.
- Mahogany kitchen cabinets, granite counters, Viking stainless steel appliances (dual dishwashers, 6-burner gas range, double ovens)
- Central air-conditioning.
- Wireless Internet, 4 phone lines, intercom to all rooms, satellite TV.
- Back-up generator with 650 gallon diesel fuel tank, capable of supporting full house load.
- Air-conditioned exercise room with weights and elliptical trainer.
Upper guest house:
- Reception office, powder room and storage room on lower level.
- “Mongoose” bedroom suite with full kitchen and laundry room on upper level.
*All sizes are approximate.
This enchanting property and unparalleled beauty can be defined in three words – Presidio del Mar! www.presidiodelmar.com
CONTACT: Diana Beam | Remax Island Paradise Realty, Inc.
PO Box 646
St. Johns, US Virgin Island 00831
Home: 340-776-6942 | USVIBEAM@aol.com